- Improves posture, flexibility, strength, balance and coordination
- Cope with stress more effectively
- Relax and sleep better
- Learn to respect themselves, others and the world around them
- Explore their imagination
- Provides techniques to quiet the mind and sharpen focus and concentration
- Build a foundation for lifelong well-being
- Teaches breathing techniques that increase energy and decreases anxiety
- Improves grades and reading skills
- Teaches relaxation and stress management techniques for school and at home
- Encourages positive thinking
- Regular yoga practice offers effective help for learning disorders, hyperactivity, stress and lack of exercise
- Yoga increases self-confidence and is LOTS OF FUN!
The BBC are reporting on how these tools can help children:
Mindfulness can help children develop healthy responses to to a chaotic world around and sometimes inside of them. Research shows that mindfulness decreases stress, attention deficit issues, depression, anxiety and hostility in children. Children already have a natural ability to see things that adults don’t. If taught these techniques from a young age they will become lifelong tools.